World Paper Free Day 2023: Start Your Journey To a Paperless Office
World Paper Free Day is celebrated each year on November 6th with the objective to alert businesses on the amount of paper they use and encourage them to reduce paper waste.
And for many of our customers, reducing paper is one of the key objectives of their digital transformation program.
Here’s why, courtesy of The World Counts:
- 🚮 50% of the waste of businesses is composed of paper.
- ♻️ Recycling 1 tonne of paper saves around 1400 liters of oil, 26,500 liters of water and 17 trees.
- 🚮 Packaging makes up one third or more of our trash.
- 🚮 Paper accounts for around 26% of landfill waste and 33% of municipal waste.
- 📈 Lessening of paper usage was predicted due to the electronic revolution. It didn’t happen. Demand for paper is expected to double before 2030.
Routeware is committed to reducing waste and improving the way we dispose of it.
Our Smart Community solutions eliminate the need for printing and mailing calendars, eliminate the need for service update reminders and notifications, all while educating children and adults alike on proper recycling behaviour.
As one example of our impact, we’ve already digitized over 5.96 million paper calendars, saving on printing and mailing emissions.
Meanwhile, our Smart Truck & Back Office solutions eliminate the need for paper in the office or the cab, all while optimizing the business.
In fact, one of our newest product launches, the Electronic Driver Vehicle Inspection Report, just got rid of one of the last pieces of paper in the cab.
Despite the best efforts of our customers, there’s still much paper waste out there in the world, paper waste that can be reduced and recycled utilizing educational tools and digital solutions.
Start your journey to a paperless office today and help reduce the amount of paper waste worldwide – all while helping optimize your waste operation along the way. Let’s Talk.